Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Gifts for Myself and Others show is happening this weekend!

As mentioned in the title of this post, the Gifts for Myself and Others Christmas crafts fair is happening this Friday through Sunday (details can be found here) and I've been working hard to make some new inventory for it.  As a result, I've neglected posting in this blog over the past few days, so I'm going to make up for it now by including a whole pile of pictures of my work.

I'll start with a couple more pictures of bracelets.  This first batch is a set of what I call my "beaded bangles" which are fun, colourful, slender bracelets which can be worn alone or mixed and matched as a series of bangles, or twisted and braided together, or anything else you can come up with.  I should have a few new colours at the show.  (Seed beads and bugle beads)


The next set of bracelets are more of the same type as the harlequin bracelet I posted before.  I also make these in all sorts of colours.  (Seed beads and glass pearls)


I also have some of that design in necklace lengths.  Here are two of the ones in rich, warm tones.  Please note the lovely home-made stand my boyfriend and I put together for the Bastion Square Market this summer. (seed beads and glass pearls)


I believe I mentioned at some point that in addition to bead threading I've also recently gotten into wire-wrapping.  Here's an example of one of my donut wraps with a simple beaded chain made to match.  Unfortunately, I didn't write down the type of stone when I bought it, so I've no idea what it is.  I do know it did not cost enough for it to be turquoise, so I would guess maybe some kind of agate.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  (chain: seed beads and e beads.  pendant: stone donut, silver-plated copper wire,  e beads, swarovski bicones)


And last but not least, there are earrings.  I've been spending most of the last few days making earrings, and I'm quite excited about them.

The first pair I'll show you is meant to match my harlequin set.  (seed beads and glass pearls)


The next set are some fun and colourful tassel earrings I made over the summer.  Sorry about the red strings in the photo, but I took it at a market and those are my price tags.  (seed beads, bugle beads, various metal caps)


And this last set are the earrings I've been working on for the last little bit.  They're a really fun freeform coil wire technique.  Here's a shot of the full set that I've made up so far: (silver or gold plated copper wire, copper wire, glass pearls, tiger's eye, various beads)


Here's a closeup of the ones with glass pearls.  They'd go nicely with my harlequin sets, or just look really snazzy with a little black dress.


And last but not least, here's a closeup of the two pairs I made with those neat beads that sort of look like they have two layers to them.  My camera had a bit of trouble with them, so you will just have to come to the show to see them in person.  The light blue ones look like little drops of ice with their silver spirals around them, and the red ones look beautifully festive for Christmas, trimmed in gold.


And that is all for today.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some new pictures to post.  If not, I'll definitely post some images from the Gifts show.

No comments:

Post a Comment