Friday, November 15, 2013

Gifts for Myself and Others starts tomorrow!

I'm very excited that Gifts for Myself and Others will be starting tomorrow.  We did our setup of our display space this afternoon, and tomorrow morning we'll all be arriving early to put out our stock.  I've been continuing to work on new stock for the show (in fact, I've got a series of small blisters on my left index finger from all the wire wrapping) and I have a few pictures of new pieces to show you.

First up is another set of spiral earrings.  I'd done so many in silver that I figured I really ought to do another pair in warm gold tones, so here it is.  (glass pearls, gold-plated copper wire)
 

I also made a necklace to go with the purple daisy chain bracelet with the leaves.  It has a nice vintage-y look with the fringe of bugle bead leaves.  It's displayed on my newly papier macheed cardboard necklace stand.  The papier mache gives the home-made stand +3 classy points, no?  (seed beads, bugle beads, lobster claw clasp)


Next up are a few new donut wraps.  I tried to give each one a unique "collar" -- the housing for the loop one uses to attach the pendant to the chain.

First up is the one I wrapped in copper wire.  I don't know that kind of stone it is.  Again, if anyone has any idea, I'd love if you let me know in a comment.  For this one, since I had a lot of dramatic angles in the wrap, I decided to attach the collar with some zig-zaggy angles too.  (stone donut, copper wire, swarovski bicones, faux swarovski bicones, e beads)


The next is in gold-plated copper wire.  I decided to add some extra scrolls (the flat spirals) to this one.  Again, don't know the stone.  (stone donut, gold-plated copper wire, swarovski bicones, faux swarovski bicones, e beads)


The last new donut pendant is wrapped in silver, but I finally chose a stone that wasn't green or turquoise in colour tone!  This one, I'm fairly certain, is rose quartz.  It also had a hole drilled through it so I was able to include a scroll in the center.  (rose quartz donut, silver-plated copper wire, glass pearls, swarovski bicones, e beads)


And finally, I decided to make a donut-wrap set of earrings.  Instead of being wrapped on heavy stone, these are wrapped on donuts made from some sort of pearlescent shell.  (shell donuts, silver-plated copper wire, e beads, square beads)


Time to get a good night's sleep before the show tomorrow.  If you happen to have read my blog before attending, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment