Monday, November 17, 2014

Gifts for Myself and Others 2014

I've been quiet lately because I've been prepping for my biggest show of the year.  (I'm also on the committee for it, which has been a wonderful learning experience and has kept me quite busy as well.)  So I am very pleased to inform all of you that for the second year now I will be sharing a table with the wonderful fabric sculpture artist Deb Thurlbeck at Gifts for Myself and Others!


As the image here shows, Gifts for Myself and Others will once again be held at the Leonardo da Vinci Centre at 195 Bay Street (map).  It will be this coming weekend, Friday Nov 21 to Sunday November 23.  The hours will be as follows:

Friday November 21 -- 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Saturday November 22 -- 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday November 23 -- 11:00am to 5:00pm

Admission is $4, but you can get $1 off if you bring a food bank donation.  There are hourly door prize draws and a chance for a grand prize of $250 which can be spent with any of the participating artists.  New this year we're adding soap and candles as vendor categories, and we're having a gallery shop with work by Island Artisans Association members who did not want to have a full table.  I am super excited about this show; it'll be fantastic.

As I mentioned, I've been busy making new pieces for this show.  I haven't photographed many of them yet, but I can show you pictures of two new bracelets in my glass pearl and seed bead line.  I'm branching out into brighter colours.



More pictures to come soon!

And just a reminder, if you're planning on ordering something from my exciting new Etsy shop, and you want it in time for Christmas, you may want to make your orders soon.  Canada Post recommends early December for orders within Canada, and earlier if you want it shipped internationally, depending on the country.  That being said, if you're willing to pay extra for shipping, I can courier it to you at a later date, but you'd have to specifically request that.

No comments:

Post a Comment