Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gifts for Myself and Others 2014 was Lovely

Hello to anyone I may have seen at Gifts for Myself and Others 2014 last weekend.  It was a completely beautiful show with so many talented artists and so many lovely visitors.  It was delightful to speak to all of you.

I thought I might post a few pictures for those of you who missed the show.  As I mentioned in my last post, I shared a booth with Deb Thurlbeck and her wonderful, whimsical fabric art and photography.  Below are a few pictures of our booth.  I apologize about the quality, but my camera didn't do super well in the low light.

First up a nice side view of the booth in its entirety:


You can see several of Deb's beautiful masks, a couple of her sea horse giraffes, and a few of my pieces, including my Treasures of the Deep necklace (closeup of that at the bottom of this post).

Next up is a snot of one of my sections of the table, with my beaded bangles, donut wraps, and some of my fancier pearl necklace pieces:


I'm considering discontinuing the beaded bangles, so they are getting pretty sparse.

The final table shot I have for you is mostly of my sea glass pendants.  I'm rather proud of the little beach I manage to set up for them, with the oceany scarf and drift wood and shells:


A little overexposed, but hopefully you get the idea.

I also figured I'd include some photos of some new earrings I had available at the show.  Neither pair has sold, so they are still available.

The first is a pair I made a couple years ago.  They are delightfully extravagant, with a base made from silver-plated copper wire donut wraps on shell loops, and three dangles featuring freshwater pearls and Swarovski bicones.


The wrap on the donut features various types of beads.  This pair of earrings is $50.

The next set are also silver-plated copper wire donut wraps on shell, but they feature central obsidian beads and a square crystal dangle.  They're in multiple shades of blue, silver, and black, not quite as extravagant as the previous pair, but still quite funky.


The central obsidian beads can rotate freely to show multiple sides.  These earrings are $40.

And that's it for today, but please look forward to my next post with info about my final show of the year and photos of a bunch of new pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment