Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Acres of Art was Lovely; Also New Beach Glass

Hello everyone!

As mentioned, I went out to the beautiful Coast Collective for their Acres of Art show on July 12.  It was a lovely afternoon, and I got to talk to so many nice people.  If you happened to pick up my business card and are checking my blog now, please comment or send me an email so I know these things are working.

It was exciting to set up my table with all my new jewellery stands.  I think the table ended up looking pretty nice.  (There are closeups of all the pieces displayed in this photo down in my previous blog entries.)


Since I had dropped off all my old beach glass pieces at the Maritime Museum's gift shop, I made a whole new set for this show.  So I figure I'll show off some pictures of it here.

First up, I have a couple new reversible pieces.  The first is non-tarnish brass wire (looks like gold) on white beach glass.  It's $20.


The second reversible piece is copper on white.  It's also $20.


I have another copper pendant for people who really like swirls.  It has two scrolls on its face plus a really swirly top. $20


This next piece features silver-plated copper wire on white beach glass.  It sort of reminds me of a cello.  $20


I have another in silver-plated copper wire on white beach glass.  This one's design is more vertical.  $20.


In case you're beginning to worry that all my new pieces are on white beach glass, I'll show you now that they aren't.  Here's a dainty one in silver-plated copper wire on deep green beach glass.  $20.


I also did one with brass wire on dark green beach glass.  This one is probably my favourite of the new set of beach glass pendants.  The odd shape of the glass actually helped me to do a really nice wrap.  $20


The rest of the pendants all have charms of some sort.  The first is brass wire on white beach glass and features a large scroll and a shell-shaped charm.  $25


The next one is brass wire in a ripply wrap on white beach glass, and for something different I gave it a pink freshwater pearl to add a splash of colour.  $25


Sticking with the notion of some added colour, I put an indigo freshwater pearl on this pendant of silver-plated copper wire on white beach glass.  $25


The final pendant for the day is rather fun.  It's a heart-shaped piece of white beach glass wrapped in silver-plated copper wire with a dolphin charm.  $25






I also made two new pairs of earrings.  The first set could go nicely with the pendant with the indigo pearl, since it also features silver-plated copper wire and indigo pearl dangles, though I added a vibrant pink seed bead for a touch of contrast. $39


Here they are again hanging on a mug.


This next pair of earrings is probably my favourite pair of beach glass earrings so far.  They are copper wire on white beach glass dangling below an indigo pearl, which looks lovely against the copper.  I also feel like the double scroll in the wrap somehow ends up looking a little like a heart.  $39


And hanging from the mug:


And that's it for today, but I will have more news of venues and events for you soon.  Just comment or email to let me know if you'd like to see more of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment