Monday, March 3, 2014

Pearl Necklaces

Hello, it's time for entry number 2 in my posts of updated pictures.

This time the focus is on necklaces.  The standard single strand ones are currently priced at $39.

As I said in my previous post, I'm happy to make necklaces in any of the colour combos I have in my bracelets, but at present, these are the colours I have ready to go.  Like the bracelets, all the necklaces below are made with seed beads and glass pearls.

First off, I have a dark gold paired with creamy white pearls (which matches the darker of the two gold and cream bracelets in my previous post:


For people who like warm tones, I also have a necklace with the transparent brown seed beads and lovely caramel pearls:


Next up is the sultry evening combo of hematite-looking black seed beads with deep burgundy pearls:


I also of course restocked on my favourite, the "harlequin" design of silver and transparent black seed beads criss-cross matched with white and black pearls:


All of the above necklaces are made with a lobster claw claps of an appropriate colour.  The benefit of that is that I can easily add an extender chain to make the lengths adjustable.

The next few necklaces all feature fancier clasps which add their own unique flair to the pieces.

First up is a white pearl with silver seed bead combo featuring a bright silver finish toggle clasp. 


Next up is the lovely soft combination of iris seed beads with dark dove grey pearls with a lovely delicate filigree pointed oval box/hook type clasp:


The last necklace that I'd like to show you is a triple-stand piece I made because I frequently display more than one necklace per stand and often had people asking if it was all one necklace then being disappointed because it was a series of separate necklaces.  So I decided to make some multistrand pearl necklaces and I started with one built on my harlequin theme.

This triple stand piece is $99.

The inner strand is silver seed beads and black pearls, the middle strand is my harlequin design of silver seed beads paired with black pearls and black seed beads paired with white pearls, and the outer strand is black seed beads paired with white pearls.  The strands are different lengths so they drape very nicely when worn.


This piece is made with a square filigree box clasp, as can be seen in the picture below.  I arranged the necklace on the stand like that mostly to display the clasp, but when I did, it occurred to me that the necklace actually looks quite nice like this, and this could be an alternative way of wearing it.


And here is a closeup of the box clasp so you can see the filigree work:


And that's it for today.  Since taking these photos, I've done some new multistrand necklaces, so I'll post some pictures of those in the future.  Next up though I'll post some pictures of other styles of pieces, including some of my wire pendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment