Monday, June 9, 2014

More Beach Glass

I have several more pieces of beach glass to show you today.  I explained beach glass a little in my Beach Glass Baubles post, where you can also see more beach glass pieces (though my beach glass earrings are in this post).  I have since learned that beach glass can also be called sea glass, if you've heard of it by that name.  All of these pieces range from $20 to $25.

I'm actually going to start off with one you've seen before.  I'll be putting most of these on adjustable waxed black cotton cords, which you can sort of see here:


This next one is about 3cm, or just over an inch, long including the bail.  It's silver-plated copper wire over white-frosted beach glass.


I have a similar design made with brass wire if you're more into gold tones.  It's slightly larger at 3.5 cm.






I have a larger (4cm or 1.5 inches), opal-shaped pendant in warm brown glass with a very minimalistic wrap in silver-plated copper wire.


An interesting thing happened while I was working on some of these free-form wraps.  I realized, as I was finishing them up, that the back looked just as nice as the front, so I have a set of reversible pendants.

The first is done with copper wire on some lovely bright green glass and is 3.75cm or just under 1.5 inches long.


The next is made with brass wire over brown beach glass and is just over 2.5cm or an inch long.  The side shown in the right hand picture makes me think of bars of music for some reason.


This next reversible pendant is brass wire on fairly young, clear green glass and is about 3cm, or just over an inch long, including the large bail.


The final reversible piece is made with copper wire and white/clear beach glass.  It's 3cm or just over an inch long, and the one side is mostly bare to showcase the frosted glass while the other has more complex criss-crossing of wire.


Speaking of more complex, I'll show you one of my favourite pieces next.  This one is done as a cage with a triple scroll embellishment.  It's brass wire on white beach glass and is 3.5cm or 1.25 inches long, including the bail.


And because I like it so much, here it is again from another angle:


The rest of the pieces have charms attached. 

The first is a nice rectangular piece of white beach glass with brass wire and a fish cut-out charm.  It is 4cm or 1.5 inches long.


The next is also done with brass wire on a lovely rounded chunk of white beach glass and features a small starfish charm.  It is 3.5cm or 1.25 inches long.


The final brass wire on white glass piece is a dainty little piece featuring a sand dollar charm.  It Is only 2cm long, just under 3cm with the bail (just over an inch).





I also did a new silver-plated copper wire on white beach glass piece with a lovely textured star fish charm.  This piece is just under 4cm or 1.5 inches with the bail included.


The final piece I'm going to show you today also has silver-plated copper wire, but is on dark brown beach glass, which really sets off the silver fish cut out charm.  I like to think the little scroll (spiral) floating above him was a big hiccup from the little fish.  This pendant is 4cm or 1.5 inches long including the large bail.


And that's it for this set.  Next time I'll post some non-beach-glass pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment