Friday, November 28, 2014

Gifts and Wishes at the Coast Collective

Hello everyone!  As promised, I have info about my second Christmas show of the year.  It's out at the Coast Collective, where I also did a couple summer shows and have items in the gift shop.  Unlike the summer shows, Gifts and Wishes is a multi-week show in the main gallery.  It runs from November 26 to December 21st, with the grand opening tomorrow (Saturday the 29th). 




I'll be popping in briefly for the grand opening, and I will be there from noon until 5:00 on Sunday November 30th if you want to chat with me personally, but my pieces will be there for the whole show.  There's also free tea and cookies, with all sorts of extra special goodies for the opening, so you should check that out.  (I will be bringing two types of home-baked cookies over the two days.)

I have a bunch of my sea glass in the show (pendants and earrings) and some of my beaded pearl necklaces and bracelets.  I also have a bunch of the freeform coil earrings I made for this holiday season (though they are beautiful to wear all year long).  I think these earrings go really nicely with the beaded pearl jewellery I make.

The first are made with silver-plated copper wire and white glass pearls.  They are cool and classic with a modern twist.  $20



 The next also use silver-plated copper wire, but they feature glass pearls in white, pale grey, and dark grey for an ombre effect.  They would go very nicely with my harlequin pearl necklace and bracelet combo (necklace now on etsy).  Earrings are $20.




For people who are more keen on gold tones than silver, I also have some freeform coil earrings made with non-tarnish brass wire and glass pearls.  This pair with the classic combination of gold and white pearls is classy, timeless, and sophisticated.  $20



I also have a pair with brass wire and white and caramel glass pearls for a bit of added flair.  The combination is honey-warm and glamorous. $20


And for anyone who would like a bit of colour instead of neutral metal tones, I have a pair made with silver-plated copper wire and icy blue miracle beads.  These beads are hard to capture in photos -- they seem to have an aura around an interior bead, or the shadow of a second bead inside the first.  The earrings are lovely and cool and catch the light beautifully.  $20


For anyone who can't make it out to the Coast Collective but who would like some earrings like these, I have the supplies to make up more pairs like them (except for the ones with miracle beads -- I'd have to go shopping for more beads like that) and post them on my Etsy.  Just send me an email or a comment and I can make them for you.  (Or in any other colour combo you'd care to dream up.)

I also have a pair of donut wrap earrings out at the Coast Collective show.  You've seen them before, but I have a new photo, so here it is.  These are $35.


I made a new donut wrap pendant as well.  This one is fun because instead of doing the wrap and bail separately, I worked them into one asymmetrical design.  It features brass wire on a pale green stone, with E-beads, Swarovski crystal bicones (turquoise and violet), and glass bicones (orange).  This pendant is $35.

 
Hope to see some of you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment